The latest news about the new crown virus epidemic does not seem to slow down, so it brings more stress and anxiety to most people. Health and scientific experts continue to seek faster and more effective solutions to save the lives of infected people. In this new study, experts explored the benefits of NAD+ in enhancing immunity and fighting viral infections.
What is NAD+?
NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) involves hundreds of metabolic processes in the human body. It is a coenzyme found in every cell of the human body and a key auxiliary molecule for cells to produce energy. However, in the natural aging process of the human body, the level of NAD+ will also be lower than when you are young. half.
It has five precursors, including:
- Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN)
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR)
- Niacin (NA)
- Nicotinamide (Nam)
- Tryptophan (Trp)
What is the importance of improving NAD+?
Scientists have shared research on how increasing NAD+ levels can help the human body:
- Promote longevity, start "Longevity Promoting Protein" called sirtuins
- Protection from the stress of oxidation
- Repair DNA damage, create a foundation for DNA and RNA, and activate "longevity promoting proteins" called sirtuins
How to improve the level of NAD+ to enhance the immunity of epidemics
Pre-clinical studies have shown that increasing your NAD+ level can help enhance the activity of PARPs protective enzymes and reduce the replication of coronavirus.
COVID-19 has been proven to consume part of the NAD+ levels of metabolites to damage lung cells. This discovery is very important to help repair DNA damage caused by inflammation and support cell survival, making NAD+ the key to fighting this disease. In the latest report by researchers at the University of Iowa, Oregon Health & Science University, and the University of Kansas, after infection with the coronavirus, the level of NAD+ in cells will be reduced by 80%. Loss of NAD+ seems to worsen cell viability and damage the giant cell. The ability of immune cells such as phages to fight viruses.
- Increasing the level of NAD+ can enhance the activity of the antiviral PARP enzyme, which is the key to maintaining a tenacious innate immune response.
- Coronavirus reacts through an enzyme called poly-ADP ribose glycohydrolase (PARG), which can fight the virus PARP.
- It is hypothesized that NAD+ depletion may worsen the "cytokine storm", leading to fatal acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in some COVID patients.
- Gene expression data confirm that NAM, NAMPT activator and NR have similar potentials and are highly protective.
Ways to improve the level of NAD+
Here is a simple way to increase your NAD+ level and start building a healthy immune system to fight the epidemic!
- Regular exercise-Regular exercise is good for health because the human body collects energy from NAD+. Exercise enables our body muscles to effectively produce more mitochondria. The increase in mitochondrial production naturally increases the body's NAD+ level.
- Healthy Fasting-How does fasting increase the biosynthesis of NAD in the cell? Fasting increases the levels of NAD+ and sirtuin; sirtuin is a protein that has been found to also delay the aging process.
- NAD Enhanced Menu-Foods such as milk, fish, mushrooms, yeast, green vegetables, chicken, and cereals are all proven good sources of NR and vitamin B3, which help to increase NAD+ levels.
- NAD Enhancement Supplements-Soon after Dr. Brenner's research on healthy cell aging was published, NAD enhancement supplements began to appear in the market. S-CELL also provides [NMN Cell Revival] and [NAD Revival]. It improves cellular NAD+ energy levels to promote healthy aging, including ingredients that help strengthen the immune system.