The advantages of NMN in the science and health industries continue to grow, and continue to bring results in health issues, benefiting many people. A recent study linked NMN supplements and their positive effects on mental health (especially depression) stand up.
Eliminate depressive behavior
This study shows that NMN has the potential to reduce CORT-induced depressive behavior in mouse genetic models.
Depression is a serious mental health problem that can have a huge impact on the overall health and life of an individual. Studies have shown that NMN can improve mitochondrial energy metabolism by enhancing the activity of SIRT3, thereby reducing depressive behavior. Transcriptome and metabolome analysis showed that NMN can inhibit CORT-induced lipid synthesis, stimulate β-oxidation and glycolysis, and improve the TCA cycle to enhance ATP production in mitochondria.
NMN has been proven to stimulate oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria, which is a metabolic pathway by which cells use enzymes to oxidize nutrients.
How is the research conducted?
- Corticosterone (CORT; 20mg/kg) was injected subcutaneously into mice every day for 6 weeks.
- Another group of mice was given an additional dose of NMN (300mg/kg) via oral tube in the last 2 weeks,
- Transcriptome analysis in primary mouse cells (a complete set of transcripts in specific types of cells or tissues in order to have a new understanding of genes), metabolome analysis (detect changes in endogenous metabolites produced by biochemical pathways) ) And transient gene knockdown (biological DNA genetic modification).
What does the analysis reveal?
- The analysis showed that in the mouse group with depression, NMN reduced fatty acid synthesis, decreased the expression of mRNA that stimulates β-oxidation and glycolysis, and increased the acetyl coenzyme in the tricarboxylic acid cycle. The production of A (acetyl-coenzyme A).
- Another focus of the study is that supplementation of NMN can increase the level of NAD+, thereby enhancing the activity of Sirtuin (SIRT) 3, and improving the mitochondrial energy metabolism in the hippocampus and liver of CORT-treated mice.
- Although this study has limitations in sample size and lacks the use of more than one type of primary mouse cells for research, this study provides strong evidence that emphasizes the necessary role of NMN in cell energy production and its ability to become An effective treatment for depression.
NMN as the predecessor of NAD+
NMN is one of the five precursors of NAD+. After a series of chemical transformations, they become NAD+ molecules. In addition to NMN, there are nicotinamide ribose (NR), niacin (NA), nicotinamide (Nam) and tryptophan (Trp). NMN is a compound composed of NR and NAD+. It is a therapeutic agent that effectively helps the human body to resist aging.
Take care of your mental health with S-CELL
In S-CELL you can find the best NMN supplements to support your healthy living goals. With the help of [NMN Cell Revival] products, you can obtain top-notch nutrients, while anti-aging and taking care of other health problems (including mental health) needs.