在認知障礙症和一般的衰老中，記憶力和認知能力都會受到影響。 隨著年齡的增長，大腦的體積縮小，尤其是額葉皮層。 在某些大腦區域中，神經元之間的交流會減少，尋找單詞和記憶的難度增加，亦難以同一時間處理多項事情，注意力和記憶力會逐漸下降。
- 研究指出，增強免疫力、TREM2和神經膠質細胞的治療，或有效能夠減緩認知障礙症的惡化。 科學家正在研究何時和如何有效地增加TREM2。
- 為了達到最大化的健康目標，可服用合適的健康補充劑，例如專注於免疫力系統的補充劑，或包含蝦青素、核苷酸、NAD＋、或更多益處的補健品。 S-CELL提供有助免疫力－【好細胞免疫專方】！
Immunity & Alzheimer
In both Alzheimer’s disease and aging in general, memory and cognitive skills are some of the affected areas due to these occurrences. The brain shrinks in volume with aging, particularly in the frontal cortex. In certain brain regions, communication between neurons can be reduced, there is increased difficulty in finding words and recalling something, problems with multi-tasking, mild decreases in concentration, and memory decline.
Research brings up an interesting and useful study on the linkage between the immune system and the brain - which specifically talks about how it has the ability to function as protection!
Immune Response as a Protective Factor Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Some people with Alzheimer’s Disease lose memory and other cognitive skills slower than others, and findings say that immune responses are a part of why there is a difference. On a study titled Increased soluble TREM2 in cerebrospinal fluid is associated with reduced cognitive and clinical decline in Alzheimer's disease, researchers found out that the reason behind the slower loss of cognitive skills in people with AD is linked to them having higher levels of a protein that helps immune cells clear plaque-like cellular debris from the brain. This protein is called TREM2, which along the entire immune system shows a promising ability to help fight Alzheimer’s disease.
- TREM2 proteins are primarily made by microglia, which is a type of glial cell that acts as the primary line of immune system defense for the brain and spinal cord. These scavenging immune cells help to keep the brain healthy, clears cellular debris, including the plaque-like amyloid-beta that is a hallmark of AD.
- Further research found that individuals with AD and evidence of higher TREM2 levels have shown over the years less change in their cognitive abilities and in the volume of their hippocampus, which is a brain part that is vital for learning and memory. Those with dementia but with higher levels of TREM2 also showed a slower decline in memory and progressed more slowly from normal cognition to early signs of AD or full-blown dementia.
Maintaining a strong immune system
- The studies suggest that treatments designed to boost immunity, or specifically TREM2 and the activation of microglia in the brain might hold its promising ability to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. Research is now ongoing on when and how to target TREM2.So while they’re on the hard work for it, how can you help yourself build a strong immune system? Here are recommended simple ways you can start off with:
- Avoid smoking, and alcohol should be in moderate intake
- Consume a diet high in fruits and vegetables
- Manage your weight and exercise regularly
- Get some proper sleep
- Take steps to avoid infection such as proper hygiene and consuming the right nutrients for immunity.
- For maximum health goals, also add in the right health supplements, such as those that focus on immunity revival, or those that contain Astaxanthin, Nucleotide, NAD+, and more benefits. Our health shop contains the supplements that match your immunity - Immune Revival!